Welcome to "Hook Date" American History
This course if for students 12 and older. Students who have participated in the Well-Educated Heart program will now have a reservoir of stories about the countries of the world. This course will help students organize their stories in a time line and add to their knowledge for studying American History in greater depth.
The "hook-date" method is a great way organize historical facts and stories. Students are encouraged to memorize the hook dates with their key personalities and dates at the beginning of this course. They will be amazed at how easy it is for all the stories to fall into place with these hook-dates in mind.
Student-created history textbooks
We encourage students to create a "textbook" that illustrates and describes the events in American History. Click here for more information.
To prepare a textbook follow these simple steps:
- Obtain a binder and design a cover page
- Organize the binder into 10 sections - one for each "hook date" listed below
- Add maps, illustrations, stories and writing samples that correspond to each of the "hook dates"
- Continue to add to your American History Textbook for the next 6 years as you study American History
- Great resource for time lines! http://timelinesetc.com/
Resources for American History
The Freedom Series
The Story Hour Series:
Stories of Great Lives
Stories of History