Welcome to the World of Mathematics!
These math resources are designed for students 4-8
and will provide fun and interactive experiences with Math.
Some of our favorite resources for hands on math activities. We encourage parents to select the resources best suited for their child.
- Ray's Arithmetic (free video math lessons for the companion set to the original McGuffey Readers)
- Learn to Use Base Ten Blocks from Mortensen Math and House of Math
- Math Masters from Kimber Academy
- Right Start Math (Begins at Kindergarten level)
- Abeka Math (Preschool - 2nd grade)
- Book Shark (K-2nd grade)
- Math U See (Primer level: 4-5 years old)
- Life of Fred (Begins at 1st grade level)
- TJed also has some great suggestions for teaching mathematics on this blog post: http://www.tjed.org/2011/12/home-school-insights-math-curriculum-theme-unit-3-lessons/
Above all, Have Fun!! Above all, as you go through this course with your children and students, have FUN with it. Many students become intimidated with math, but these resources are designed to make it such a fun experience that the children will look forward to doing math.