Excellent Resource for Teaching Old Testament and World History
Welcome to "Hook Date" Old Testament and World History
This course if for students 12 and older. Students who have participated in the Well-Educated Heart program will now have a reservoir of stories about the countries of the world. This course will help students organize their stories in a time line and add to their knowledge for studying Old Testament and World History in greater depth.
The "hook-date" method is a great way organize historical facts and stories. Students are encouraged to memorize the hook dates with their key personalities and dates at the beginning of this course. They will be amazed at how easy it is for all the stories to fall into place with these hook-dates in mind.
Student-created educational textbooks
We encourage students to create a "textbook" that illustrates and describes the events in World History.
Click here for more information.
To prepare a textbook follow these simple steps:
- Obtain a binder and design a cover page
- Organize the binder into 10 sections - one for each "hook date" listed below
- Add maps, illustrations, stories and writing samples that correspond to each of the "hook dates"
- Continue to add to your World History textbook for the next 6 years as you study World History
- Great resource for time lines! http://timelinesetc.com/
Additional Resources for World History
Fascinating video presentation on the Christian history of China: Available on YouTube: http://youtu.be/DA-AkJzpKmg
Noah's Ark has been discovered. See story here: http://www.viewzone.com/noahx.html